Thursday, March 7, 2013

Beef Stroganoff

Okay here's my first dinner recipe.  This was so easy and tasted great.  I'll be posting the recipe and pictures and I'll let you know now I'm not a great photographer.  Here's the recipe:

3/4 package (8 ounces) wide egg noodles
1 pound ground beef
1/4 cup chopped onion
2 cups sliced mushrooms
2 TBS flour
Beef broth - I love having this in a box so I can use what I need and put the rest in my fridge. 
1 cup sour cream
Salt & Pepper

Cook egg noodles, drain and set aside.
In large skillet, brown beef and onions and drain.
Add mushrooms, cook 3 minutes or until tender.
Stir in flour.
Add brother, bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
Boil 1 minute.
Remove from heat and whisk in sour cream.
Salt and pepper to taste.
Mix with noodles and viola you have a great dinner. 

I'm also learning to eyeball my ingredients rather than doing an exact measurement. 




Like I said I need to work on my pictures.  This makes enough for 2 meals a week.  I love cooking in my cast iron skillet also. 

No comments:

Post a Comment