Friday, April 5, 2013

Spaghetti

Okay everyone this is what I fixed for dinner last night. 

1# ground beef or you could use turkey
24oz Hunts Garlic & Herb Pasta Sauce
8oz can tomato sauce
16oz can diced tomatoes
Garlic Powder
Dried Basil
Dried Oregano
Red Chili Powder - optional
Balsamic Vinegar
Sugar - a touch which adds a little sweetness
Parmesan Cheese
Olive Oil
Angel Hair Pasta  or pasta of your choice. 

In your pan add a little olive oil, add ground beef and brown.  Once your beef is done add the Hunts Pasta Sauce, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, garlic powder, basil, oregano, red chili powder, balsamic vinegar and sugar.  Bring to a boil and then turn down to simmer, cover and let simmer for 45-60 minutes. 
Cook your pasta per package instructions but I always cook about 1 minute less than it says.
Once the pasta is done I drain it and then add to my spaghetti sauce, stir and serve.  I grade my parmesan cheese over the dish before serving. 

It's also nice to make a salad and garlic bread to serve with the dinner.  I like to spread olive oil over my bread, sprinkle garlic powder and then basil and put in my toaster oven to brown. 

Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment