Thursday, November 14, 2013

Taco Soup

I made this last night cause it was chilly outside.  It really warms you up and it makes a big batch so you can eat it more than once a week.  This also freezes really well so you can pull it out anytime during cold nights if you don't feel like cooking. 

1 lb ground beef
1 diced medium onion
16 oz whole corn, pinto beans, kidney beans or veg-all - I had a can of veg-all so I used that.
2 can stewed diced tomatoes
Chopped green chili
1 pkg Ranch Style dressing
Ground Cumin - to taste
Red Chili powder - to taste

Brown the ground beef and diced onion.  I used a white onion but red or yellow would be fine, whatever you have in your fridge.
Add all of the other ingredients, stir and bring to a boil and then turn down and simmer for at least 30 minutes.  I simmered for about 45 minutes cause I feel it tastes better the longer it cooks. 

This would be great with cornbread but didn't have a mix so I sliced up some french bread and was great to use to mop up the juices. 




3 comments:

  1. mmmm, oh yeah! looks delish! I made something similar also, from whatever I had in my cupboard, but this looks better. good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Diana. It's one of my fav recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love soups of any kind, so easy to make and delicious. I love how they are even better the next day, and they freeze so well.

    ReplyDelete