Friday, May 10, 2013

Crockpot Mongolian Beef

Okay sorry I haven't posted in awhile, I've been cooking but just really busy getting ready for my market tomorrow.  Anyway this turned out so good and definitely a repeat recipe. 

1.5 pounds beef flank steak, cut into stir fry sized strips
2 TBS olive oil
1/2 tsp minced ginger
2 cloves garlic, minced
3/4 cup soy sauce
3/4 cup water
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup cornstarch
1/2 cup shredded carrots - didn't have any and it still tasted great
3 medium green onions, chopped
White or brown rice - I prefer brown but rice of your choice

Coat flank steak pieces in cornstarch.  Add remainder of ingredients to crockpot and stir well to combine.  Place flank steak into the crockpot and cook on high 2-3 hours or on low for 4-5 hours.  Serve over rice.

This was done in 4 hours on low for me. 




No comments:

Post a Comment