Friday, August 23, 2013

Turkey Tacos

This is one of my favorite recipes.  It's also great if you have left over chicken.

1# Ground Turkey Meat
1/4 - 1/2 chopped Onion
2-3 Cloves of Garlic
1 tsp Red Chili Powder
1 tsp Cumin
Olive Oil
Shredded cheese - I prefer Mozzarella but you can use whichever you prefer.
Taco Shells

I use a deep skillet and drizzle Olive Oil 2-3 times around skillet.  Brown your Turkey Meat until no longer red, add diced onion & garlic and cook for about 5 minutes.  Next add your red Chili Powder and Cumin and simmer for another 5 minutes.  I have my taco shells in a pan and add the taco mix and then sprinkle with cheese.  I cook this at 350 for about 15-20 minutes or until the cheese is melted. 

You can serve any side dish you want such as rice, vegetables or potato salad.  This time I had some brown rice and black beans so I mixed them together and warmed on the stove. 

Enjoy!!











No comments:

Post a Comment